Houston Health Department
Health Centers provide family planning, immunizations, Tuberculosis diagnosis, dental care, nutrition information and care for sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Parental consent is not required for family planning services to adolescents. Consentimiento de los padres no es necesario para los servicios de planificación familiar para adolescents. No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay; and there is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available.A nadie se le negará el servicio por incapacidad de pago; existe disponibilidad de horarios en descuento. Note: not all services are provided at all centers. Call each center for specific information or you may call the appointment line at 832.393.5427. Appointments are preferred. Services may not be available on Saturdays of holiday weekends. Health center hours are subject to change; please call in advance.
Adult/Foreign Travel Immunization Clinics
6201 Bonhomme (South Tower, 3rd floor)
Northside Health Center
La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center
Sharpstown Health Services
Magnolia Health Center
Sunnyside Health Center
CHILDREN AND FAMILY HEALTH PROGRAMS
PRIMARY CARE SERVICES (these services are not by provided by the City of Houston, but listed for your convenience)
- Casa de Amigos (Harris Health System clinic) - eligibility card, maternity services (located inside La Nueva Casa de Amigos, 1809 North Main) - Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 713.236.7229 for more information.
- El Centro de Corazon (Federally Qualified Health Center) - at Magnolia Health Center location, 7037 Capitol, Phone: 713.926.1849, open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Good Neighbor Health Care Center (Federally Qualified Health Center) - 190 Heights Blvd., Phone: 713.529.3597. Staffed by skilled health care professionals committed to their work and the patients they serve, GNHealth Center offers a wide array of services to families living in the Greater Houston area. Services include primary health care, dental care, optometry and behavioral health services.
- Legacy at Lyons (Federally Qualified Health Center) - at Lyons Health Center location, Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Legacy at Lyons offers "Affordable health care centers for the Family." Services include well woman/well male exams, annual checkups, school and sports physicals, immunization/flu shots, family planning/birth control, testing for sexually transmitted diseases and primary care. Legacy is accepting Medicaid/Medicare and many other private insurance plans. Call 713.671.3041 for more information.
- South Central Houston Community Health Center (Federally Qualified Health Center), Riverside Clinic, 3315 Delano Street 713.831.9663 phone 713. 831.9660 fax; open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
ADDITONAL LINKS OF INTEREST