about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program for Hurricane
WIC is the special
supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.
WIC provides nutrition education, healthful foods and health
referrals to women, infants and children who qualify.
* Pregnant woman
* Breastfeeding women
* Postpartum women (up to 6 months after delivery)
* Infants and children to age 5
are the eligibility criteria?
* Proof of income: families who receive Medicaid, Food Stamps
and/or TANF are automatically income eligible for WIC.; or proof
of gross income (*)
* Proof of residence: participants must live in Texas within
the county where they receive services. Participants do not
have to be U.S. citizens. (*)
* Proof of identification (*)
4. What are the WIC benefits?
* Nutrition education
* Breastfeeding support
* WIC foods
* Immunizations (at some WIC clinics and/or referrals to nearby
* Referrals to other Health Agencies
are the WIC sites?
Northeast - 9421 Mesa Dr. - 713-633-7985
* Magnolia - 7037 Capitol - 713-928-9595
Northwest - 8536 Hammerly - 713-932-1274
* Sunnyside - 4605 Wilmington - 713-732-5050
Alief - 6787 Wilcrest - 281-568-1192
* W. Montgomery - 6719 W. Montgomery - 713- 742-1465
LBJ Hospital - 5656 Kelley - 713-566-5783
* Denver Harbor - 6402 Market - 713-670-2140
Northside - 8304 Schuller - 713-742-1300
* Airline - 5990 Airline - 713-742-1548
Hunting Bayou - 11430 I-10 E. - 713-637-2107
* Southwest - 6121 Hillcroft - 713- 995-4937
Twelve Oaks - 6700 Bellaire - 713-778-2630
* La Nueva Casa - 1809 N. Main - 713-547-8029
Braesner - 8632 S. Braeswood - 713-772-7080
* Gulfgate - 7550 Office City Dr. - 713-495-3723
Aldine - 5198 Aldine Mail Rt. - 281-986-4851
* Ben Taub - 1504 Taub Loop - 713-873-2267
are the hours of operation?
Call the nearest
WIC site for the hours of operation
there any WIC site that opens in the evening and/or during weekend?
YES, some of
the sites open on Saturdays and also in the evenings.
there a fee for WIC services?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
YOUR NEAREST WIC SITE
considerations for Hurricane Katrina Victims
contact the Bureau of Nutrition Services (WIC) at
713-793-9090 for additional information