Reduce mosquito-breeding sites at
- Drain all standing water
- Turn over all containers which
could hold water
- Drain and refill birdbaths
- Eliminate pot plant saucers
- Rake and remove or mow magnolia
Keep the storm sewers clean:
- Do not allow lawn clipping
to enter the storm sewers. Blow the clippings into the yard
or sweep them up and bag them for disposal.
- Pick up trash around the yard
such as weekly newspapers and other litter.
- When going outside from dusk
to dawn, use an insect repellent which contains the ingredient
- Wear long sleeves and long
pants when outside from dusk to dawn.
- Make sure that mosquitoes
cannot enter your home through gaps in doors, window, vents,
floor cracks, etc.
- If mosquitoes are found inside
the house, swat them or use a flying insect spray to kill
Good neighbors prevent mosquito