Houston Health Department
Apply for WIC
WIC Benefits are for:
- Pregnant women
- New mothers
- Children up to their fifth birthday
- All WIC services are free to those who are eligible.
WIC Eligibility Requirements
- You must live in Texas. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be part of the WIC program.
- WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP you meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household.
- To learn if you are eligible, please make an appointment to apply in person.
WIC Locations and Hours
What to bring to your WIC appointment
- What to bring to your WIC appointment (English)
- What to bring to your WIC appointment (Spanish)
- What to bring to your WIC appointment (Vietnamese)
- WIC Form 19A Assistance (if you receive help from family or friends)
- WIC Form 19B Employment Verification Form (if paid in cash)
- WIC Form 32 Farmers/Self-Employed