Our mission is to work in partnership with the community
and protect the health and social well-being of all Houstonians
HDHHS provides traditional public health services and seeks to use innovative methods to meet the community’s present and future needs. -- To schedule an event on one of our multi-service centers, call call 832.393.4370.
Select a quick link below or link here for additional services.
Visit the Houston Department of Health and Human Services Foundation at
About the Director
Serving as the Director for the Houston Department of Health and Human Services (HDHHS) Stephen L. Williams is actively involved in public health issues at the local, state and national level.
Contact the Department
Health and Human Services Department (HDHHS)
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston, TX 77054
Phone: 832.393.5169 Email the Health Department
- Request for Coverage: HDHHS to host opening ceremony for diabetes center
- Gulf Coast collaborative providing ACA assistance to residents of 13 counties
- HDHHS to join National Drink Up water campaign
- Study identifies string of Houston neighborhoods at higher risk for cardiac arrests also lack knowledge of CPR
- HDHHS earns national award for community health assessments
- HDHHS, Reliant to distribute 100 air conditioners to area elderly
- Free nutrition, fitness classes offer sneak preview to new diabetes center opening in spring
Tweets by @HoustonHealth
Follow us on
“Nuestra cuenta Twitter en Español”
Health Events and Information