Consolidated and Annual Action Plans
2013 Annual Action Plan
- Public Notice: 2013 Consolidated Action Plan Summary 03.12.2013
- posted 03.26.2013
- 2013 Annual Action Plan (updated 07.09.2013)
- Areas for Community Reinvestment: Map and Plan (.pdf, published 12.17.2012)
TELL US ABOUT YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS!
The Housing and Community Development Department Is Surveying Your Community’s Needs. Attend the Public Hearing for the Federal Entitlement Grants – For details review the attached flyer and share with family and friends.
- English Language Flyer (10.16.2012)
!Díganos cuales son las Necesidades de su Comunidad!
El Departamento de Vivienda y Desarrollo Comunitario (HCDD) está realizando una Encuesta Acerca de las Necesidades de su Comunidad. Asista a la Audiencia Pública para las Concesiones Federales por Derecho - Para detalles revise el volante adjunto y comparta con su familia y amigos.
- Volante en idioma Español (10.16.2012)
2012 Annual Action Plan
- Final 2012 Action Plan (.pdf, updated 12.19.2012)
- Draft 2012 Annual Action Plan (03.26.2012)
- Public Hearing flyer (English, 03.09.2012)
- Volante de la Audiencia Pública (Spanish, 03.26.2012)
- TRÌNH BÀY PHÁT BIỂU TẠI BUỔI ĐIỀU TRẦN (Vietnamese, 03.26.2012)
- 2012 Annual Public Notice (.pdf, 03.09.2012)
- Public Notice: Citizens Participation Plan – EDI/Section 108 (.pdf, 07.11.2012)
- Amendments – Citizens Participation Plan (.pdf, 07.11.2012)
- 806 Main Summary (.pdf, 07.11.2012)
Emergency Solutions Grant Substantial Amendment (05.16.2012)
HCDD Responses to Public Comments on the 2011 Annual Action Plan
- View the Departmental responses to Comments from the Fall Public Hearings on the 2011 Annual Action Plan (.pdf, 04.25.2011)
- View letters received by the Department from the Fall Public Hearings on the 2011 Annual Action Plan (.pdf, 05.09.2011)
- View the Department responses to Comments from the Spring Public Hearings on the 2011 Annual Action Plan
- View letters received by the Department from the Spring Public Hearings on the 2011 Annual Action
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program - Round 3 Proposed Action Plan (02.18.2011)
- 2011 Annual Action Plan (revised 11.02.2011)
- Draft Amendment to the 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan and Action Plan (.pdf, posted 02.18.2011)
- 2011 Annual Action Plan Draft (.pdf, 05.04.2011)
- 2011 Annual Action Plan (1.21.2011) Tentative Schedule
- 2011 Action Plan Fall Hearings Flyer (.pdf, bilingual)
- Letter from Housing Director to Community Partners (01.12.2011, .pdf)
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) receives four major entitlement grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These grants are used to carry out the programs of the Housing and Community Development Department. The grants received from the federal government are:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) - Principal source of federal funding for localities to improve the physical, social and economic conditions in their low and moderate-income communities.
- Home Investment Partnerships Act (HOME) - Provides funding for the development of standard affordable housing. HOME also encourages the development and capacity building of community development housing organizations (CHDOs) to create and manage affordable housing.
- Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) - Funds supportive services for homeless individuals and operating assistance for shelters serving the homeless.
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) - Provides funding for housing for low-income persons and their families affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Economic Development Initiative Grant (EDI) - Awarded to the City of Houston to be used in conjunction with Section 108 Loan Guarantee Authority funds for economic development and housing assistance in the Enhanced Enterprise Community.
As part of its responsibility in administering these federal programs, HCDD develops the Consolidated Plan and prepares an annual update known as the Consolidated Annual Plan as required by HUD. The Consolidated Plan is a comprehensive assessment of community development needs for the long and short-term, and outlines strategies for addressing the identified needs. The Consolidated Plan serves as the single grant application for the four major entitlement grants - CDBG, HOME, ESG and HOPWA. Citizen participation is required by HUD and is solicited throughout the planning process.
- HUD Approved 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan & Action Plan
- HUD Approved 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan & Action Plan Appendices (Needs Survey & AI)
- Draft 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan and Action Plan (.pdf, 05.18.10)
- 2010 Citizen Participation Plan - .pdf, 6.18.2010
- Needs Assessment Survey & Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (.pdf, 05.18.10)
- Public Notice 2010 Consolidated Plan (.pdf, 3.18.2010)
- Schedule 2010 Consolidated Plan and Action Plan (.docx, 03.18.2010)
Page last updated 07/09/2013