Choosing the medication that's right for you should be up to you and your doctor. So Cigna offers an extensive list of brand and generic medications to help you choose the right one based on how well it works and how much it costs.
Prescription drugs fall into one of four tiers, with different copayments for each tier:
- Generics, which have the same active ingredients, safety, dosage, quality and strength as their brand-name counterparts.
- Preferred brands, which often don’t have generics available.
- Non-preferred brands, which generally have generic alternatives or one or more preferred-brand options within the same drug class.
- Specialty is a coverage tier that includes injectable medications, which are used to treat arthritis, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis C, asthma and other chronic ailments.
NOTE: Specialty injectable medications used to treat conditions like diabetes, migraine headaches, anaphylactic reactions, vitamin deficiencies, and blood-clotting disorders are typically covered under the first three tiers of coverage.
When it comes to filling your prescriptions, choice, convenience and cost are important to you. We get that. They’re important to us, too. That’s why as of May 1, 2017, your plan will include a new pharmacy network and maintenance medication program called Cigna 90 Now.
With Cigna 90 Now, you have the choice of filling your medications in either a 30-day or 90-day supply at the pharmacy that’s most convenient for you.
There are over 68,000 retail pharmacies in your new network. They include local pharmacies, grocery stores, retail chains and wholesale warehouse stores – all places where you may already shop.
All pharmacies in your new network can fill 30-day prescriptions, and a select number of pharmacies can fill 90-day prescriptions. To see a complete list of pharmacies in your new network, you can go to Cigna.com/Rx90network.
You can get some 90-day medications for free when you use Cigna Home Delivery.
30-day prescription pharmacies include:
- HEB Pharmacy
- Participating independent pharmacies
90-day prescription pharmacies include:
Get get even more medications for free
If you use Cigna Home Delivery, you can now the following at no cost to you:
- Generic and some brand name asthma medications
- Generic diabetic supplies
- Brand name insulin
- Generic cardiovascular and high blood pressure medications
- Generic cholesterol medications