The Classified testing division provides professional testing services that support the hiring and promotional process in the Houston Fire and Police Departments. The division’s mission is to implement professional testing practices that align with industry standards in order to ensure the best candidates are identified to serve as public safety representatives for the City of Houston.
- To provide a fair mechanism for determining both the advancement of Houston Fire Department members and the leadership of HFD.
- To perform the job analyses, validity studies, and other analytical activities that are needed to create, select, and administer examinations with the highest degree of rigor.
- To adhere to strict standards for fair, clear, and consistent communication to ensure the uniform administration of each exam.
- To assist with administration of the promotional and entrance exam processes of the Houston Police Department.
See Classified Testing organizational chart.
Classified Testing Division Manager
|Patrick Mc Niel, Ph.D
| Vincent M. Bejarano, M.A.
Classified Testing Links
- Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Houston Police Officers Union
- Houston Fire Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 11
- Houston Police Meet and Confer Agreement
- Principles for the Validation and Use of Personnel Selection Procedures
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 143
- Uniform Guidelines
Contact Classified testing
|Learning and Development Center
4501 Leeland Street
Houston, TX 77023