The Human Resources Department, in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Complete Communities and the Mayor’s Office of Education, is pleased to announce The Pathways College Internship and Work Study Program. Pathways provides qualified students with practical work experience that compliments their academic course work, as well as course credit (if approved by the college or university). Federal Work Study students are also welcomed to apply. Pathways also exposes students to a variety of careers in municipal government.
With the exception of Work Study positions, most internships are unpaid, and range from 8 hours to 40 hours per week, as determined by the departments, intern and college/university (if applicable). Students can gain valuable work experience, on-the-job training, and have an opportunity to develop a professional networking base for future positions in municipal careers.
Applications for Spring 2022 will be accepted from November 8th - November 30, 2021. (Note – This timeframe may vary for some Work Study applicants.)
Submit your application
All requirements must be agreed to by the Grow Your Own Workforce Initiative, the intern applicant, and the college/university (if applicable) before the internship starts.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of an educational program, preferably college or university.
- Applicants must complete an application.
- Commitment to work on a project that is closely related to course work or course of study.
- Commitment to a minimum of 8 hours a week per semester.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US.
- Work Study students must be approved by their institution’s Work Study program.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may be referred to the department(s) with an internship opportunity according to the candidate's area of interest as listed on the application. Please be prepared to bring a reference list AND writing sample, if REQUESTED, should you be invited to interview.
You will be notified via email; so check your email regularly.