Shell Freedom Over Texas
2022 Street Closures
PRE-EVENT TRAFFIC NOTIFICATION (ELECTRONIC MESSAGE BOARDS)
MONDAY, JUNE 27– TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2022
- EMB @ Allen Parkway outbound at Bagby (Heritage Society Building side; facing westbound travel; in front of fence)
- EMB @ Walker at Bagby (Hobby Center side, facing westbound travel; near no parking sign)
- EMB @ Allen Parkway at Shepherd (facing eastbound travel)
- EMB @ Allen Parkway at Damico Street (facing eastbound travel; triangular median on Allen Parkway)
PRE-EVENT MBP CLOSURES:
SUNDAY, JUNE 26, 7:00 A.M. – WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 5:00 P.M.
- Metered Parking along Buffalo Bayou Park between Sabine Street and Gillette Street
- HPW – place barricade and cones at entrances to parking lane
SATURDAY, JULY 2, 5:00 P.M. – TUESDAY, JULY 5 at 7:00 A.M.
- Metered Parking at City Hall Annex Surface Lot
SATURDAY, JULY 2, 7:00 A.M. – WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 5:00 P.M.
- Metered Parking along Buffalo Bayou Park between Gillette Street and Taft Street
- HPW – place barricade and cones at Gillette entrance to parking lane
EVENT STREET CLOSURES
SATURDAY, JULY 2, 7:00 A.M. – TUESDAY, JULY 5, 5:00 A.M.
- Allen Parkway north and southbound exit ramps from I-45 (South and North Freeways)
- Allen Parkway outbound at Bagby
- Allen Parkway inbound at Taft
- (No access to I-45 S/Heiner/Crosby until 5:00 P.M. on TUESDAY, JULY 5)
- Sabine Street at Memorial Drive & at the Bridge
- Sabine Street at Bridge, blocking south bound traffic to Allen Parkway
- Gillette Street (mid-block) by Federal building (after apartment entrance)
- Walker & Sabine access blocked to Allen Parkway and Sabine Street.
- I-45 North on-ramp and the loop to McKinney remains open
- Crosby Street at W. Dallas Street
- Heiner Street at W. Dallas Street
MONDAY, JULY 4, 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.
- Bagby northbound at Dallas
- Lamar between Smith and Bagby
- Brazos St. at Dallas
MONDAY, JULY 4, 3:00 P.M – 11:00 P.M
- Bagby southbound at Rusk
MONDAY, JULY 4, 5:00 P.M. – 10:30 P.M.
- Silver Street at Memorial Drive
- Sawyer Street at Washington Avenue
- Allen Parkway inbound at Waugh
- Allen Parkway Service Road at Montrose Boulevard (access to residents at all times)
- Memorial Drive inbound at Waugh Drive
- Memorial Drive outbound at Bagby
MONDAY, JULY 4, 9:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M. (SHELL Fireworks Display)
- Sabine Street between Allen Parkway and Memorial Drive
***The Buffalo Bayou Waterway will be closed on Wednesday, JULY 4, from 4:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. between the Capitol Street Bridge and Montrose Boulevard / Studemont Street.
TRAFFIC NOTES: Designated lane for METRO VIP shuttle buses – W. Dallas (between I-45 and Gillette / north curb lane)