Learning and Development Center
Welcome to the Learning and Development Center - The Center for Excellence
The Learning and Development Center (LDC) is a strategy development and employee performance improvement organization. We offer comprehensive training solutions that significantly impact performance and institutional outcomes. Our consultancy is comprised of an experienced team of professionals with the knowledge and capabilities to design and implement strategies that help our clients achieve their goals. Our primary focus is to provide transformational learning programs that enhance the skills, job competencies, and improve performance and overall satisfaction for the City of Houston's workforce.
The LDC provides training opportunities at its two-story, 54,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility on a space-available basis for other organizations. Our clients include City of Houston departments and employees, and other municipalities, public agencies, non-profit agencies, and private businesses in the greater Houston area.
Please sign up for our new upcoming classes for the months of March to May 2018. The classes we offer are on the topics of business, computer and management skills. Classes are subject to change. For accurate and updated information, please contact the LDC at 832-395-4900. More >
- Accept change readily, both in job responsibilities as well as in the work environment
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing changes in work assignments, processes, or conditions
- Seek to understand changes and approaches change positively
- Adjust behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment
- The purpose of this class is to show the correlation between emotional intelligence and professional success.
- Define emotional intelligence and explain why it is necessary for professional success
- Recall the four components of emotional intelligence
- Recognize high or low emotional intelligence in others
- Know your individual emotional intelligence scores, based on the in-classroom assessment