Love Your Pet Month
Advocating Responsible Pet Ownership in the Community
Council Member Karla Cisneros invites you to be part of her annual Love Your Pet initiative targeting Houston and Harris County, a project which that includes a series of events and opportunities during the month of February in conjunction with the annual, international World Spay Month. Pet overpopulation is a serious public health, public safety and quality of life concern for many Houstonians. We have too many stray dogs and cats on our streets, and shelters and rescue organizations are overburdened.
In addition to highlighting the importance of spaying and neutering, Love Your Pet works to improve overall animal welfare and responsible pet ownership. Council Member Cisneros hopes you will join in bringing residents, community groups, animal welfare organizations, the City, and the County together to raise awareness on this important issue.
Help in spreading the message on the important reasons to spay and neuter: Your pet will be less likely to wander or be aggressive; spayed/neutered pets reduce animal overpopulation; your pet will be healthier, happier and have a longer life. Join the movement and use our hashtags: #spayneuterhtx, #loveyourpet, and #houharrisunity.
2021 Love Your Pet Events
The spay/neuter surgeries are open for District H residents and you will be able to choose your date and location. Registration opens February 1st.
- Houston Humane Society (.pdf)
- Register at https://barchouston.as.me/Loveyourpet2021
- Laurel’s House and BigFix Houston
- BigFix Houston Special Events, February 22 to 27 (.pdf)
- All Slots Are Filled
- Houston Humane Society - February 27th, 11am - 1pm at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
- Best Friends Animal Society - March 8th, 9am-1pm, at Ryon Civic Association, 4501 Elysian St, Houston, TX 77009
- Best Friends Animal Society - March 11th, 9am-1pm, at Joseph House Community Outreach Center
- Houston Humane Society - April 10th, 10am-12pm, at Funeraria del Angel Crespo Navigation