Chief Resilience Officer
Marissa Aho, AICP
City Hall, 901 Bagby, First Floor
Houston, TX 77002
The Chief Resilience Officer (CRO) for the City of Houston leads the city’s partnership with 100 Resilient Cities – Pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation. The CRO leads city-wide resilience-building efforts to help Houston prepare for, withstand, and bounce back from the “shocks” – catastrophic events like hurricanes, floods, and cyberattacks – and “stresses” – slow-moving disasters like aging infrastructure, homelessness, and economic inequality, which are increasingly part of 21st century life.
- The draft outline of the Resilient Houston (.pdf) strategy is being circulated for feedback from September 10th to October 1st. Feedback is requested through this survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GNMMKHT
- The first phase of the resilience strategy development process (.pdf) was completed in May 2019 with the development of Houston’s Resilience Assessment.
- For more information about Houston’s membership in 100 Resilient Cities, please visit 100resilientcities.org/cities/Houston
- For more information about 100 Resilient Cities, please visit 100resilientcities.org
- Visit Chief Recovery Officer Stephen Costello's web page
Encourages individuals to help prevent flooding and keep Houston’s neighborhood storm drains clean and litter free. Visit www.houstonadoptadrain.org for more information and to adopt your drain today!