Mayor's Office Press Release
Houston, We are Connected! Multi-Service Centers and Select Parks Now Offer FREE Wi-Fi Internet Connectivity
March 10, 2021 -- The City of Houston and Comcast are pleased to announce the completion of 14 Lift Zone Wi-Fi hotspots designed to help community members connect to the internet so they can fully participate in education opportunities and the digital economy. The Wi-Fi hotspot sites are the result of a partnership between the City of Houston and Comcast to provide FREE internet connectivity in Houston Health Department Multi-Service Centers (“MSC”) and Houston Park Community Centers for the next three years.
The Lift Zone Wi-Fi hotspots are active and accessible both indoors and outdoors at the following sites:
City of Houston Health Department Multi-Service Centers:
Please note: We welcome outdoor usage of MSC Lift Zone Wi-Fi Hotspots. Appointments are currently required for indoor usage. To book an appointment call the individual Multi-Service Center listed below.
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center – 6719 W. Montgomery Rd, 77091 – 832-393-4145 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center – 6402 Market Street, 77020 – 832395-0895 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center – 4014 Market Street, 77020 – 832-393-3800 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Hiram Clark Multi-Service Center – 3810 W. Fuqua Street, 77045 – 832-393-4240 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Kashmere Multi-Service Center - 4802 Lockwood Drive, 77026 – 832-393-5503 (7:30AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center – 7037 Capitol Street, 77011 – 832-395-3380 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Northeast Multi-Service Center – 9720 Spaulding Street, 77016 – 832-395-0472 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Southwest Multi-Service Center – 6400 High Star Drive, 77074 – 832-395-9900 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- Third Ward Multi-Service Center – 3611 Ennis Street, 77004 – 832-393-4051 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
- West End Multi-Service Center – 170 Heights Boulevard, 77007 – 832-393-5950 (8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
City of Houston Parks and Recreation Department Community Centers:
Please note: We encourage use of the Lift Zone Wi-Fi Hotspots outside on park grounds during regular park hours (from dawn to dusk unless otherwise posted). Currently, parks Community Centers buildings remain closed, except for After-School Enrichment Programming.
- Emancipation Park Community Center – 3018 Emancipation Avenue, 77004
- Hartman Park Community Center – 9311 East Avenue P., 77012
- DeZavala Park Community Center - 907 76th Street, 77012
- Melrose Park Community Center – 1001 Canino, 77076
To sign into the “Comcast Experience” Lift Zone Hotspots, visit an activated site and follow these steps
- Within your device’s Wi-Fi Network Settings, locate the LiftZone network and select.
- Accept Lift Zone terms and conditions.
- You are connected. Enjoy!
Please note: A password is not required to use the Lift Zone Hotspots; however, content security filtering is activated. Lift Zones are supported by Comcast 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call (833) LFT-ZONE (833-538-9663) for further troubleshooting.
About Comcast Corporation Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports, and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.