1. How do I get a tee time at Memorial Park Golf Course?
Memorial Park Golf Course has an automated telephone and internet system for making tee times. This system provides the following free services:
- Ability to make tee times any time of the day or night
- Ability to check for cancellations 24 hours a day
- Access by phone or computer, no advantage to one or the other
- Computer available in pro shop for your use
Web site reservations: www.memorialparkgolf.com.
Phone reservations: 713.559.2000.
The new system uses an automated lottery process for assigning tee times. The lottery process is convenient: no more speed-dialing, busy signals, and waiting on hold for tee times. The lottery provides all golfers a fair chance of obtaining a tee time at Memorial Park.
Read the Tee Times System FAQ .
Getting a tee time guarantees you access to the course at a specific time. The following are the tee time options:
- At least seventy-five percent of the tee times are reserved via an automated lottery draw which closes at 6:00 a.m. every morning. Use the web site or telephone reservation system to make your entry no later than 6:00 a.m. three days before the day you would like to play. Shortly after 6:00 a.m., the automated lottery will assign tee times. Any remaining tee times can be booked for immediate confirmation using the automated system.
- Twenty percent of the tee times may be reserved up to two months before the day you would like to play. A reservation fee of $15.00 per person will be charged for this service ('Premium Tee Times').
- Five percent of the remaining tee times may be reserved by the Director of Golf at Memorial Park.
- Occasionally, a tee time may be obtained by stopping by the course on the day you would like to play. A tee coordinator will take your name and let you know the approximate wait time should a tee time become available. Tee times may become available when a reserved tee time is canceled or when the tee coordinator determines a tee time is available and you can be worked in.
2. Is there twilight golf?
Yes. Twilight golf is available for players during the summer months (May thru October). In the winter months (November thru April), when the grasses are dormant, twilight is limited for HISD and TCIL school play. In addition, the Memorial junior golf program will be conducted during some twilight hours.
3. Who is the concessionaire and is food also available?
The concessionaire is Becks Prime, well-respected around Houston for the quality of its food and hospitality. Becks Prime can provide you with tasty snack to hearty dinners, featuring mesquite grilled burgers, chicken, swordfish, and ribeye steaks. Keep Becks Prime in mind for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Becks Prime also has a food and beverage cart on the course for your convenience.
4. What are the Golf Shop hours?
Winter hours: November thru April, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Summer hours: May thru October, 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Golf Course is closed for individual play on Tuesdays.
5. What are Becks Prime Restaurant hours?
Winter hours: November thru April, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Summer hours: May thru October, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The Becks Prime restaurant is open seven days a week and stays open for dinner service after the golf shop is closed.
6. Are golf lessons available?
Yes, our veteran staff of teaching professionals can assist your needs whether you are a beginner or advanced player. Call 713.862.4033, ext. 3 to schedule a lesson.
7. Is there a Practice Range, Putting Green and Chipping Green on the premises?
Yes. The Memorial Park Golf Course has a practice range that opens at 6:30 a.m. with convenient after work hours for golfers wanting to practice. The Putting Green and Chipping Green are open every day, except Tuesdays, during daylight hours.
8. Are electric carts and pull carts available?
Yes, and we urge you to observe our cart rules; no more than two riders and two sets of clubs allowed per cart. Cart drivers must be 18 years or older and have a valid driver's license. The pull carts may be rented at the Golf Shop.
9. What type of payment methods do you accept?
You may pay with cash, American Express, MasterCard or Visa. Sorry, we do not accept personal checks. Ask about our special driving range card.
10. Are tournaments allowed at Memorial?
Yes, some Tuesdays have been set aside for corporate and charity tournaments with a minimum of 120 players. Please contact Julie Blum for more information at 713.864.9872.
During the week, small tournaments may be scheduled provided there are other tee times available for regular play.
11. Is there a locker room with shower facilities available?
Yes, a very modest area is available for showering and changing clothes. Please bring your own toiletries and towels.
12. Are groups of more than four permitted?
No, in the interests of keeping play at a four hour pace, groups larger than four are not permitted.
13. Can I establish a handicap at Memorial?
Yes, the Golf Shop will provide you with all the information you need. Score cards may be turned in from other courses.
14. Are rent sets available?
Yes. We have an excellent selection of clubs that may be rented for a round of golf. One is left-handed, three are for women, six are for men.
15. May I bring my own alcoholic beverages on the premises?
No, however, our concessionaire, Becks Prime, has beer and wine available for your convenience both in the restaurant and on the course.
16. Is there a meeting room?
Yes, Memorial Park Golf Course is an excellent location for small business meetings of all kinds. Located just a few minutes from downtown and the Galleria, Becks Prime can provide a room for up to 100 people and can assist you in selecting menu items to complement your meeting. Call 713.863.8188 to reserve a room.
17. May we bring our pets to the course, the practice area, the restaurant or the clubhouse?
We all love our pets, but the golf course and the restaurant are not for pets. The practice area and the clubhouse grounds are places where you may bring your pets provided they are on a leash.
18. May we jog, bike, rollerblade, or just walk around the golf course?
The golf course is specifically established for playing golf. Jogging, biking, inline skating or just walking are not permitted for safety reasons. We wouldn't want anyone to get hit with an errant golf shot.
19. Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a dress code for playing golf at Memorial Park Golf Course. Footwear for the golf course is to be golf shoes or flat-soled athletic shoes. Metal-spike golf shoes are not allowed.
Men are to wear shirts having collars and sleeves. Only hemmed shorts or slacks will be permitted on the golf course. Women are to wear pants, skirts, or mid-thigh shorts and shirts (tube tops or tank tops are not permitted). Attire for both men and women using the Practice Range and the restaurant is slightly more casual than the golf course. T-shirts with sleeves are required along with the proper shoes and slacks, skirts or shorts.