Office of Business Opportunity
U.S. DOT and the City of Houston present Bonding & Business Capacity Building Program
Are you ready to build your capacity?
For the first time since 2012, U.S. DOT is returning to Houston to assist local certified firms with their bonding and capacity building needs.
Weekly workshops begin October 13, 2021.
This six-part weekly workshop series will focus on the following areas:
- Technical Assistance – in addition to comprehensive, all-inclusive workshops that will address what businesses need to do to obtain or increase bonding capacity, participants will engage in one-on-one sessions with local surety bonding professionals, and financial management and construction accounting experts.
- Access to Capital – participants will be provided assistance with accessing working capital and access to financial institutions.
- Procurement – participants will be exposed to construction projects on the horizon, their
requirements, and the process for submitting proposals for those opportunities.
To be considered, applicants must be the primary owner of a construction business that meets the following criteria:
- Three (3) Years in Business;
- Four (4) Employee Minimum;
- Gross Annual Revenue of at Least $250,000; and
- Certified with a Government Agency (M/W/DBE, HUB, or 8(a) preferred)