Office of Business Opportunity
Houston Small Business Economic Relief Program
The Houston Small Business Economic Relief Program, a grant program, is an initiative of the City of Houston’s Office of Business Opportunity. The grant program was created to provide financial assistance to small businesses that have been affected by COVID-19. This program creates a mechanism to alleviate economic distress of small businesses, promote economic development, and stabilize small businesses, jobs, and employment opportunities in Houston.
Administered by Houston Business Development, Inc. – HBDi, this program will allocate funds across all of Houston’s communities, for-profit businesses, and chambers of commerce, serving as a resource that businesses economically impacted by COVID-19 may leverage to sustain their operations during and after the pandemic.
Total Funds Allocated to the Small Business Economic Relief Program: $15,000,000
Maximum Grant Amount: $50,000.00
- Principal place of business must be located within city limits of the City of Houston.
- Must have been in business for at least one (1) year preceding the application.
- Must provide evidence of how business revenue has significantly decreased because of government restrictions or other challenges due to COVID-19.
- $2 million or less in gross annual business revenue pre-COVID-19.
- Must be in good standing regarding City requirements (e.g. property taxes, personal property, grounds for debarment, etc.).
- Must commit to completing the technical assistance component of this program provided via Contractor.
- These eligibility standards may be modified for applicants who are chambers of commerce with OBO Director approval.
For More Information Contact:
Houston Business Development Inc.
Hillday Public Relations