ParkHouston believes parking should be easy and convenient for our customers. By following these tips, we can help you park and avoid parking citations.
- Use ParkHouston’s convenient payment options to receive an alert before your parking session expires. You can add more time from your phone and no need to run back to your car.
- Page link for bullet points below at www.houstontx.gov/parking/meters.html
- ParkHouston App or ParkMobile
- Text “Park” to 77223
- Google Pay
- Credit Card
- Cash is accepted but there are no alerts with this payment method
- Do not use the letter O use the number 0
- Do not enter any special characters or spaces
- Select the correct vehicle in the app
- Learn how to use the new pay stations (.pdf)
Change No Parking to KNOW Parking
Check your parking knowledge and see if you really Know Parking.
1. If a vehicle is parked in your driveway, it’s legal to block the sidewalk.
A. Yes, because my garage is full
B. Yes, we have more than two cars
C. No, this is a safety hazard
2. How far are you required to park from a fire hydrant?
A. 5 feet
B. 10 feet
C. 15 feet
3. There is an intersection ahead; how far from it should you park?
A. 10 feet
B. 20 feet
C. A car length
4. A car is parked 10 feet from a stop sign. Is it legally parked?
5. If a car is parked less than 18” from the curb, it does not matter which direction it is facing.
6. If the car can still get out, you can park at the curve or apron part of a driveway.
- Click to check your answers (.pdf)
Let us help parking make sense for your neighborhood. The ParkHouston Parking Tips presentation below provides an overview of parking safety for neighborhoods. Schedule your presentation today!