Neuhaus Fountain Coyotes
Title: Neuhaus Fountain Coyotes
Artist: Gwynn Murrill
Date: September 17, 1992
Location: Sam Houston Park
The Three Coyotes, and the fountain around them, were dedicated on September 17, 1992, by Hugo Victor Neuhaus, Jr., in honor of his parents. He felt that they represented the lifelong commitment of Hugo Victor Neuhaus, Sr., and Kate Rice Neuhaus to the culture of Houston.
California sculptor Gwynn Murrill created a grouping of three sleek, stylized coyotes, each with its own pose, of bronze. They were placed around the fountain by landscape architect John Cutler of the SWA Group.
The fountain was restored in 1997 and is maintained by the SOS! Program.
Art In Parks is Funded by a grant from the City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance
ACTIVITIES GUIDE & CLASS CATALOG
H.P.A.R.D.’s Fall Activities Guide & Class Catalog is available online now! Check out the listings for recreation, fitness, and educational opportunities you and your family can take part in!
REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC RECORDs
Houston Parks and Recreation Department
2999 S. Wayside Drive
Houston, TX 77023
Recreation and Wellness
- ADAPTIVE SPORTS AND RECREATION /
METROPOLITAN MULTI-SERVICE CENTER
- ADULT SPORTS/SPORTS LEAGUES AND RECREATION
- AFTER-SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM (A.S.A.P.)
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (A.S.E.P.)
- AFTER-SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM (A.S.M.P.)
- COMMUNITY CENTERS
- FITNESS CENTERS / GYMS
- SENIOR SPORTS AND RECREATION
- TENNIS CENTERS
- YOUTH SPORTS AND RECREATION
Permits and Reservations
- Sep. 6 - HPARD Park Facilities and Venues Operating Schedule Normalizes
- Sep. 5 - HPARD Opens Park Facilities Centers Following Harvey
HPARD Calendar of Events