Management and Finance Division
The Management and Finance Division is responsible for calculating and projecting the department’s financial needs on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. The division manages accounting, purchasing, fixed asset inventory, and contract compliance. Specialized staff skills include grant writing, risk management, safety, information technology services, desktop computer support, and phone services. The division also oversees the departmental relationships for Human Resources, payroll and workers compensation.
The division’s grants office pursues, applies for, sets up and supervises grant funds received for all programs offered to the public. It actively searches for grant initiatives, partnerships and sponsorship opportunities. Grants staff researches award criteria for projects and ensures that requirements are met.
ACTIVITIES GUIDE & CLASS CATALOG
H.P.A.R.D.’s Winter/Spring Activities Guide & Class Catalog is available online now! Check out the listings for recreation, fitness, and educational opportunities you and your family can take part in!
REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC RECORDs
Houston Parks and Recreation Department
2999 S. Wayside Drive
Houston, TX 77023
Recreation and Wellness
- ADAPTIVE SPORTS AND RECREATION
- ADULT SPORTS/SPORTS LEAGUES AND RECREATION
- AFTER-SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM (A.S.A.P.)
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (A.S.E.P.)
- AFTER-SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM (A.S.M.P.)
- COMMUNITY CENTERS
- FITNESS CENTERS / GYMS
- SENIOR SPORTS AND RECREATION
- TENNIS CENTERS
- YOUTH SPORTS AND RECREATION
Permits and Reservations
- Mar. 29 - Avondale Promenade Grant Announcement
- Mar. 24 - Announcement Expected
HPARD Calendar of Events