»» 2019 Summer Catalog Available Now!
»» Lake Houston Wilderness Park
»» Smoking Ban in City of Houston Parks
Closed or Under Repair / Construction
- Brays Bayou Trail, south bank between Scott Street and the Tierwester Pedestrian Bridge - November 2015 – Until Further Notice
Heavy rains have caused the failure of a portion of the Brays Bayou retaining wall and greenway trail. The trail on the south bank between Scott Street westward to the Tierwester Pedestrian Bridge is closed for repair. Signs will divert hikers, joggers, and bicyclists to the north bank. Barriers have been installed to block off the trail. The Harris County Flood Control District is working to repair the damage to the retaining wall, which could take 6 – 12 months. The Houston Parks Board will repair the trail afterward.
- Brock Park Golf Course - June 7, 2016 - Until Further Notice
Beginning Tuesday, June 7, 2016, the Brock Park Golf Course is closed until further notice. Recent weather conditions have damaged two bridges in the park and the course is closed indefinitely for repairs.
- Friendship Pavilion in Hermann Park –September 15, 2015 - Until Further Notice
Closed for repairs until further notice.
- Glass recycling containers have been removed from H.P.A.R.D. parks
Glass recycling containers have been removed from Houston Parks & Recreation Department parks because of safety concerns over broken glass. The receptacles were located at the following facilities:
- TC Jester Park
- Glenbrook Park
- Mason Park
- Sunnyside Park
- Alief Community Center
For more information on the closest glass recycling location to you, visit the Houston Solid Waste Department at: http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/recycling_map.html
- Glenshire Park – October 9, 2017 – Until Further Notice
On Monday, October 9th the parking lot at Glenshire Park will close for construction. This construction will only affect the parking lot and the rest of Glenshire Park will remain open to the public. The construction will consist of the demolition of the exiting parking lot and the construction of a new 73 space parking lot with underground detention, walkway connection to existing trail, landscaping and irrigation when the contractor will start demolition of the existing parking lot. The project is closed until further notice for repairs
- Heights and White Oak Bayou Trails – February 27 – Until Further Notice
As part of a TxDOT construction project, the Heights and White Oak Bike Trails will experience intermittent closures. For more information on the project and its impact on traffic and bikeways, please consult https://www.houstonbikeways.org
- Keegan’s Bayou Trail - September 2016 - Until Further Notice
This trail is under construction and is not open to the public. Certain sections received flood damage and will need to be rebuilt.
- Kendall Community Center – September 2017 – Until Further Notice
The Kendall Community Center is currently closed due to damages from Hurricane Harvey. We invite you to visit on of HPARD’s other community centers during this time.
- Memorial Park Green Trail - January 29, 2016 - Until Further Notice
The Green Trail in Memorial Park is closed until further notice due to fallen tree that has damaged a bridge. The Green Trail will remain closed until bridge repairs have been completed.
- Municipal Golf – April 19, 2016 - Until Further Notice
Brock Park Golf Course is closed.
- Portions of Milby Park – August 7, 2017 – Until Further Notice
On August 7, 2017, contractors will begin construction work on the Sims Bayou Trail through Milby Park. The project will include expansion of the parking lot and trail construction, beginning west of the parking lot, then moving east to the far end of the park. Construction is expected to last into Fall 2017, depending on weather conditions.
- Proctor Plaza Park Ballfield and Tennis Court Lights – January 16, 2019 – Until Further Notice
CenterPoint Energy is currently working on electrical rewiring in the Proctor Plaza Park area. As a result of CenterPoint’s work they have disconnected power to both ballfield and tennis Court lights at Proctor Plaza. Once CenterPoint has completed their work, in mid-February, they will restore power to Proctor Plaza ballfield and tennis court lights.
- Rosewood Park – April 4, 2019 – Until Further Notice
Rosewood Park will be a daytime use park only until further notice due to damage to the park’s electrical service. The damage sustained will require the replacement of the park’s electrical service.
- Sagemont Community Center Gymnasium - October 30, 2017 - Until Further Notice
The gymnasium at the Sagemont Community Center will be closed until further notice for replacement of the floor.
- Water Spraygrounds at Lansdale Park, Cullen Park, Melrose Park and Nieto Park - Until Further Notice
The following water spraygrounds are currently closed for repair:
Lansdale Park 8201 Roos, 77036, Cullen Park - 19008 Saums Road; Melrose Park - 12200 Melrose Park Road, Nieto - 500 Port.