Edgewood Park

Contact Info
 Address: 5803 Bellfort
               Houston, TX 77033
 Phone: 713.734.8434
 Email: Edgewood@houstontx.gov
Fall/Winter/Spring Office Hours
 M. to Th., 12:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
 F., 11:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
 Sat. & Sun. Closed
Summer Office Hours
 M. to F., 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. 
 Sat. & Sun. Closed
Houston Service Helpline:
To request park repairs please call 311 or 713.837.0311 or submit your request online by clicking this link.

PARK HISTORY

On November 9, 1953, the City of Houston purchased 10.97 acres from the Atlantic Building Corporation and Lynn Realty Company. Developed as parkland for the subdivisions being built along Bellfort Boulevard and Mykawa Road, it came to be called Edgewood Park.

As with all public parks, Edgewood has seen its share of hard use as a recreational facility, and has been redeveloped periodically as a result. The community center, which was built in 1959, received a new roof in 1972.  Capital improvements in the mid-1980’s resulted in new air conditioning, restroom renovations, and flooring restoration. In 1999 and 2000, the Parks to Standard program of Mayor Lee Brown brought much-needed repairs to the community center and ball fields, new landscaping, picnic tables, a walking trail, and lighting for the fields and security lighting for the rest of the park.

On September 21, 2006, volunteers from The Home Depot and Volunteer Houston undertook the most recent round of renovation work at Edgewood Park as part of Corporate Month of Service. The volunteers painted parking, picnic equipment, and playground facilities and renewed the wood chip padding beneath the play equipment. The community center was power washed, the ball field was redone from the baselines to the bleachers, and extensive landscaping was planted.

Louisa May Alcott Elementary School is next door.