Our parks and Greenspaces
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department was created by city ordinance on March 15, 1916, with two facilities, Sam Houston Park and Hermann Park. Today, the Department manages, maintains and stewards 370 developed parks and over 200 greenspaces and esplanades for the City of Houston. The most recent Houston Parks and Recreation Department Park Inventory is available in pdf format for download.
Park listings are also available by council district.
|District A||District B||District C||District D|
|District E||District F||District G||District H|
|District I||District J||District K||Outside CL|
First Amendment Expression Areas are open to users for exercise of their First Amendment rights during park hours. Locations of First Amendment Expression Areas are listed below in alphabetic order. Although it is not a requirement of the area’s use, it is recommended that all users register to avoid conflicts. Users must register with the HPARD Permits Office 832.394.8805 in order to reserve the area in advance.
Park Names By Alphabetical Order:
ACTIVITIES GUIDE & CLASS CATALOG
H.P.A.R.D.’s Fall Activities Guide & Class Catalog is available online now! Check out the listings for recreation, fitness, and educational opportunities you and your family can take part in!
REQUESTS FOR PUBLIC RECORDs
Houston Parks and Recreation Department
2999 S. Wayside Drive
Houston, TX 77023
Recreation and Wellness
- ADAPTIVE SPORTS AND RECREATION /
METROPOLITAN MULTI-SERVICE CENTER
- ADULT SPORTS/SPORTS LEAGUES AND RECREATION
- AFTER-SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM (A.S.A.P.)
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (A.S.E.P.)
- AFTER-SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM (A.S.M.P.)
- COMMUNITY CENTERS
- FITNESS CENTERS / GYMS
- SENIOR SPORTS AND RECREATION
- TENNIS CENTERS
- YOUTH SPORTS AND RECREATION
Permits and Reservations
- Sep. 6 - HPARD Park Facilities and Venues Operating Schedule Normalizes
- Sep. 5 - HPARD Opens Park Facilities Centers Following Harvey
HPARD Calendar of Events