Lee and Joe Jamail Skatepark
AAddress: 103 Sabine Street
Houston, TX 77007
Phone: Community Center: (713) 222-5500
H.P.A.R.D. Permits Office: 832.394.8805
H.P.A.R.D. Information: 832.395.7000
Mon. to Sun., 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Houston Service Helpline:|
To request park repairs please call 311 or 713.837.0311 or submit your request online by clicking this link.
For more information on Lee and Joe Jamail skatepark programs click on the links below to view or print program fliers.
The Lee & Joe Jamail Skatepark, designed by the premiere skatepark firm Grindline, was the first world-class, in-ground skatepark in our region. This state-of-the-art, public 30,000 square-foot in-ground facility opened in June of 2008, vaulting Houston into the forefront of American venues for this fast-growing, dynamic sport. The park has areas for skaters of all levels, from the seasoned pro to the beginner. Skaters can work on their kick flip, ollie, fakie big spin...or simply learn to stay balanced!
The Lee and Joe Jamail Skatepark sits in the shadow of downtown Houston off of the Sabine Street Bridge in Buffalo Bayou Park. Admission is FREE. Helmets are required.
RULES & REGULATIONS
TEXAS LAW (CHAPTER 75, CIVIL PRACTIVE AND REMEDIES CODE) LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF A GOVERNMENTAL UNIT FOR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY FROM HOCKEY, IN-LINE HOCKEY. SKATING, IN-LINE SKATING, ROLLER-SKATING, SKATEBOARDING, ROLLER-BLADING, PAINTBALL USE, OR SOAP BOX DERBY USE ON PREMISES THAT THE GOVERNMENTAL UNIT OWNS, OPERATES, OR MAINTAINS FOR THAT PURPOSE
- Skateboards and In-Line Skates Only.
- Know your abilities and use the facility at your own risk. Exercise common sense and general courtesy to others. Be alert. Flying objects and bodies are not uncommon. Spectators should watch from the spectator area or outside the fence for safety.
- All skaters are required to wear helmets. It is strongly recommended that skaters also wear protective equipment including, but not limited to, shoes, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards.
- Bicycles, BMX, scooters, razors and motorized vehicles are prohibited in the Skatepark.
- Children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent or authorized adult.
- Indecent, abusive language or any activity which creates a public nuisance is prohibited.
- The skatepark is closed during wet conditions.
- No food, drink or refreshment is allowed on skating surface.
- Help keep your skatepark clean by using the trash cans.
- Graffiti or defacement of this facility is prohibited.
- Personal ramps are prohibited.
- Use of wax is prohibited.
- Use of any tobacco products is prohibited.
- Alcohol and illegal substances are prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Solicitation of fees or donations is prohibited without prior approval of Houston Parks and Recreation Department (H.P.A.R.D.).
- Animals are prohibited.
- No Skating on Non-Skate Equipment
- All skaters, spectators and patrons must follow HPARD staff directions.
Rule violators will be asked to leave the Skatepark.
Refusal to leave may result in charges for trespass.
Aerosol Spray Paint Art Workshop
Ages: 6 to 17 year olds
A 90-minute workshop designed to teach youth ages 12-17 basic techniques in aerosol spray paint art. Instructor will focus on wholesome street style art and culture and have an opportunity for practical art project for each participant. Supplies will be provided by H.P.A.R.D.
|Dates:||Saturday, March 23, 2019
Saturday, October 5, 2019
|Time:||10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|Site:||Lee and Joe Jamail Skatepark
103 Sabine Street, 77007
March 1 - 20, 2019
September 16 - October 1, 2019
"First come, first served" basic
Beginning Skateboarding Class
Ages: 6 to 17 year olds
An introductory class designed to teach participants on the proper technique of skateboarding and to enhance their overall experience at the skatepark. Learning objectives include balance, pushing, rolling in, dropping in, park etiquette, safety, how to fall, and flexibility. All enrollments are filled on a “first-come, first served” basis during specified registration periods listed below. Classes are limited to a maximum of 15 participants. No fee is charged. FREE!
Intermediate/Advanced Skateboarding Class
For ages 6 to 17 year olds
Prerequisite: Completion of Beginning Skateboarding Class or Approval of HPARD Skatepark staff/instructor A class designed for experienced youth skateboarders ages 6 – 17 years old to elevate their skateboarding skills and learn new tricks. Learning objectives include " rock to fackie," "rock and roll," "50/50 Grind," "Axle Stall," "Feebles," "Ollie," and "Power Slide." Prerequisite: Completion of Beginning Skateboarding Class or Skateboarding Instructor Approval.
2019 CLASS SCHEDULES:
|Spring I - Lee & Joe Jamail (103 Sabine)|
|Beg Skateboarding||3/19 – 4/11/19||Tue / Thu||5:00 – 6:00 pm||3/1 – 3/15/19|
|Spring II - Lee & Joe Jamail (103 Sabine)|
|Beg Skateboarding||4/30 – 5/23/19||Tue / Thu||5:00 – 6:00 pm||4/10 – 4/25/19|
|Summer I - Lee & Joe Jamail (103 Sabine)|
|Beg Skateboarding||6/10 – 6/14/19||Mon / Fri||9:00 – 11:00 am||5/15 – 5/31/19|
|Summer II - Lee & Joe Jamail (103 Sabine)|
|Beg Skateboarding||7/15 – 7/19/19||Mon / Fri||9:00 – 11:00 am||6/26 – 7/11/19|
|Fall - Lee & Joe Jamail (103 Sabine)|
|Beg Skateboarding||9/17 – 10/10/19||Tue / Thu||5:00 – 6:00 pm||8/28 – 9/11/19|
To register online, go to: