2022 Summer Swim Schedule
To all our public pool users, please be advised we are working very diligently to obtain staff (Lifeguards, Head Guards, and Aquatic Center Supervisors). The number of Staff will directly impact the number of aquatic centers we can open. We will release a summer schedule on May 25, 2022.
WATER SAFETY TIPS
Please note the following Pool Rules and Regulations designed to insure that your trip to a Houston Parks and Recreation Department (HPARD) pool is a pleasant one. Please note: Failure to obey a lifeguard on duty may result in immediate removal from the premises by law enforcement.
- Enroll children in swimming lessons.
- Keep children under 10 years of age within arms-reach of you at all time.
- Never allow children to swim alone, especially when lifeguards are not on duty.
- No diving in less than 13 feet of water.
- Always walk (do not run) when in an aquatic facility.
- Only use USA coast guard approved life jackets that are properly fitted for the child’s weight and body size.
- Do not allow children to ride on your back, do hand stand or any type of horseplay in swimming pools.
- Use sunscreen, apply 30 minutes before being exposed to sun.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration before expose to a heated environment.