Every Houstonian should have the opportunity to live in a safe and healthy community. The City should support residents with well-coordinated public safety and social services and ensure its neighborhoods foster healthy lifestyles.
- Provide responsive and efficient public safety services that use technology effectively.
- Expand partnerships to support healthy neighborhoods.
- Bolster awareness of public health and safety programs.
- Provide coordinated supplemental services for those without access to adequate health care.
- Use localized planning to help neighborhoods improve and maintain quality of life.
- Encourage development that fosters healthy lifestyles for Houstonians of all ages.
- Coordinate with partner agencies to maintain safe, healthy neighborhoods.
- Affordable, high-quality health care for all
- A safe, secure community
- Supportive services for disadvantaged and at-risk groups
- Attractive, walkable and bikeable neighborhoods with diverse housing types, values, and character
- High-quality community facilities that provide for the diverse needs of residents
- A city that enables healthy, active lifestyles and social well-being
- An affordable, multi-modal transportation network providing convenient access and mobility throughout the region for people and goods