Partnerships between the City and other organizations enable Houston to achieve greater results. The City should strengthen ties to public and private partners as a means to share resources, expand programs, and enhance civic investment.
- Coordinate with other governmental entities to ensure policy alignment, identify overlapping services, and find efficiencies.
- Ensure coordination among City departments to identify efficiencies and share facilities and resources.
- Collaborate with partner organizations on infrastructure solutions, economic development and other opportunities.
- Expand opportunities for non-profits to provide services at City-owned facilities.
- Use public-private partnerships to generate funding for civic investments.
- Promote shared use of City-owned facilities to provide opportunities for community interaction.
- Strong social ties supported by social, civic, and faith organizations
- Supportive services for disadvantaged and at-risk groups
- High-quality community facilities that provide for the diverse needs of residents
- Unique and internationally-recognized cultural and entertainment opportunities
- A thriving local arts and creative community
- Schools and communities that invest in each other
- A skilled and talented and versatile workforce
- An exemplary climate for all businesses, with an entrepreneurial spirit and world-wide competitiveness
- Active regional cooperation and collaboration among governments, community leaders, and residents