Tree and Shrub Ordinance
Tree and Shrub Requirements
The City of Houston Tree and Shrub Ordinance provides standards for planting trees and shrubs and installing landscaping buffers.
The ordinance further protects Houston’s greenery by offering incentives to property owners who preserve and care for existing trees on private properties.
Based on a property’s size, the ordinance establishes minimum planting requirements for street trees, parking lot trees, shrubs and landscape buffers. These requirements ensure that Houston will have aesthetically pleasing developments and enhanced greenspace, making it a better place to live.
- Protected Trees To Be Removed
- Trees To Be Removed
- List of Trees for Parking Lots
- List of Trees for Streets
- List of Approved Shrubs
- Tree Protection Plan 1
- Tree Protection Plan 2
- Code of Ordinances, Chapter 33
- Landscape Regulations and Tree Protection Brochure
- Designating a Green Corridor (Section 33-104 of the City Code of Ordinances)