How to Contact HPD
- Dial 9-1-1 to report an
Helpful information on using the 9-1-1 Emergency Number.
- Dial (713) 884-3131 to
request non-emergency police service for locations
within the city limits of Houston. If you
live outside the jurisdiction of the Houston Police
Department and have a problem or situation that
requires police service, please contact your local law
Police Department Phone Directory
- Department Organization Chart
- HPD's postal mail
Houston Police Department
1200 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002
- HPD Beat Map - Beats, districts and locations of HPD stations and storefronts.
- HPD Patrol Stations and Storefronts- Address, phone number hours of operation and directions to patrol stations and storefronts.
- Other contact information:
- Open records requests and the Public Information Act
- Complaint against a member of the Houston Police Department
- Employment with the Houston Police Department
- To Report a Minor
Crime (Theft or Property Damage, under $5000)
click the attached link: http://www.houstontx.gov/police/online_report.htm
- Alert Slip: Citizens can use this form to request increased patrols around their home or business for a prowler, speeding vehicle, excessive burglaries and thefts, being on vacation, or for reasons causing them concern in the "other" box.
Click the attached link: http://www.houstontx.gov/police/alert_slip/
- Citizen Commendation: Citizens can use this form to submit a commendation comending any employee for outstanding performance or special assistance. Click the attached link: http://www.houstontx.gov/police/pdfs/Commendation_from_Citizen_Form.pdf
(In order to properly fill out, save and submit the PDF form you must use Adobe Reader or Acrobat 8.0 or greater. You can download the latest Adobe Reader here.) Once the form is filled out it can be submitted by clicking the 'submit' button or by emailing the completed form to email@example.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE: This e-mail address is not monitored 24 hours a day. Because of the delay involved in processing e-mail, you should NOT use this contact form to report a crime, an emergency, or to request police service. Instead, you should call. Dial 9-1-1 to report an emergency. Dial 713.884.3131 to request non-emergency police service for locations within the city limits of Houston. If you live outside the jurisdiction of the Houston Police Department and have a problem or situation that requires police service, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
- Webmaster - Contact the webmaster regarding problems with or comments about the Houston Police Department website. When sending email to the webmaster, please include your name, address, and telephone number. Please do not include attachments with your email.
Police Department Links