HPD Creates New Division and Realigns Captains
August 23, 2006 -- In an effort
to better address the needs of the community, the Houston Police
Department will create a new police patrol division, the Uptown
Division, encompassing police District 18. The goal is to enhance
delivery by dividing the largest patrol division into two more
The boundaries of the new Uptown District are
the Interstate 10 (Katy Freeway) and Buffalo Bayou to the north,
Interstate 610 to the east, U.S 59 (Southwest Freeway) to the
south and Fondren/ Gessner / Hillcroft/ Voss to the west (see
The Houston Police Department will also reassign
various captains in anticipation of the promotion of three Lieutenants
to the rank of Captain of Police.
Those assignments will take effect on Saturday,
September 9, 2006.
- Captain Duanne T. Runyan will move from Night
Commander to the Traffic Division.
- Captain Mary Lentschke will transfer from
the Special Operations Division to the Training Division.
- Captain Michael H. Luiz will move from the
Traffic Division to the Eastside Division.
- Acting Captain Gregory J. Fremin will take
over the Special Operations Division.
- Acting Captains Matthew T. Ngo and Milton
W. Martin are assigned as Night Commanders.
- Captain Debra J. Watkins will move from South
Central Patrol Division to the Uptown Division.
- Captain Jay L. Jones will move from Night
Commander to South Central Division.
AW/ NJM 8-23-06
information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division a