Media Alert: HPD Officers to Greet Shoppers, Discuss Child Safety
July 22, 2011 - From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. TOMORROW (Saturday, July 23), Houston police officers and grocery retailers with the Greater Houston Loss Prevention Alliance (GHLPA) will distribute child fingerprinting cards with ink strips and safety tips as they interact with shoppers at seven stores as part of the GHLPA's "Summer Child Safety Campaign."
The campaign's message is aimed at keeping kids safe, specifically during the summer months when children are more prone to tragedies in swimming pools and locked vehicles. Parents are urged to have their children fingerprinted with their fingerprint cards in a secured place should they need to be utilized to report a child missing.
Members of the GHLPA are Kroger, H-E-B, Fiesta, Walmart, Randalls and Target.
HPD officers will be available for interviews on the Summer Child Safety Campaign at the following seven stores and hours:
- Fiesta at 8130 Kirby - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fiesta at 4711 Airline - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Walmart at U.S. 290 @ Tidwell - 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kroger at W. 43rd St. @ Ella Blvd. - 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kroger at Briar Forest @ Dairy Ashford - 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kroger at South Post Oak Rd. @ West Bellfort - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kroger at South Sam Houston Pkwy @ Sabo - 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.