December 23, 2013 - Houston police have released surveillance videos and photos of a suspect wanted in at least 17 robberies of businesses in the west and north areas of the city since August.
The suspect is described only as a black male, about 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. He had a full beard and mustache. In most incidents, he left the scene and was seen getting into a black two-door Fiat. Surveillance videos of the suspect in two of the incidents are posted on the HPD YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89beBg0HKc and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeKJpv6Q3M. Photos of the suspect are attached to this news release.
HPD Robbery Division Officer R. Gray reported:
The suspect mostly targets service stations such as Valero, Conoco, Super K, Shell and Texaco. He wears sunglasses and a baseball cap or hoodie and enters the store posing as a customer. In a few of the robberies, he brings a drink to the counter. Once at the counter, the suspect pulls out a black semiautomatic weapon and robs the employees of money from the register and cigarettes.
He is believed responsible for committing the following robberies:
- 9342 Westview – Conoco - on Aug. 10, 23 and Sept. 2
- 9343 Clay Rd.- Texaco - on Aug. 20
- 9235 Clay Rd. - Super K - on Sept. 1
- 12297 Beechnut - Texaco - on Sept. 5
- 6450 W. 43rd - Valero - on Sept. 22
- 15121 Memorial - Smart Food Stop - on Sept. 27
- 934 N. Wilcrest - Sunny Food Store - on Oct. 5
- 11110 Westheimer – Shell - on Oct. 5
- 11038 Westheimer – Walgreens - on Oct. 11
- 13155 Katy - Valero - on Oct. 29, Nov. 3, Dec. 6
- 5415 Kirby - Valero - on Nov. 2
- 2600 Kirkwood – Payless - on Nov. 6
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect and/or his whereabouts is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.