March 24, 2015 - Houston police are asking for the public's help in identifying three suspects wanted in at least seven robberies of cell phone stores and one robbery at a fast-food restaurant in the southwest Houston area since February.
The suspects are described only as three black males, 17 to 20 years of age. One suspect is about 6 feet tall, about 165 pounds, and has a medium complexion. The other two suspects are about 5 feet 9 inches tall, about 135 pounds and have dark complexions. Surveillance video of the suspects can be viewed on the HPD YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/CIq5tjlL9X4.
Surveillance photos of the suspects are attached to this news release.
The suspects are believed responsible for robberies at the following locations:
- Cricket Store at 8658 South Braeswood about 7:10 p.m. on February 2
- Cricket Store at 8658 South Braeswood about 6:50 p.m. on February 8
- Cricket Store at 8658 South Braeswood about 1:50 p.m. on February 23
- Cricket Store at 9621 Fondren Road about 7:40 p.m. on February 28
- Cricket Store at 7245 Bissonnet about 11:50 a.m. on March 2
- Boost Mobile Store at 7600 Sanford about 2:40 p.m. on March 3
- McDonald's at 10900 Beechnut about 5:20 p.m. on March 8
- Cricket Store at 9621 Fondren about 7:45 p.m. on March 20
In each incident, the suspects entered the location acting as customers and asked questions about cell phone prices and service plans. At some point, one suspect pulls out a gun, demands money from the register and the safe and threatens to shoot the employees if their demands are not met. The suspects then steal new cell phones and flee the scene on foot. In at least one incident, there was a possible vehicle, described as a white or silver Buick or Impala.
Anyone with information in these case or on the identity of the wanted suspects is urged to contact the HPD Robbery Division at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Division at 713-308-3200.