Solid Waste Management Department
Westpark Consumer Recycling Center
5900 Westpark, Houston, TX 77057
Located at Hwy. 59S between Chimney Rock & Fountain View
This facility accepts recyclables at no charge to City of Houston residents.
Houston, TX 77057
Key Map #491X
OPEN Monday – Sunday
8am to 5pm
View map with featuring depository/recycling centers city wide.
The Westpark Consumer Recycling Center at 5900 Westpark is a drive-through facility where citizens of Houston can drop off their recyclables. Currently, more than 11,000 citizens per month bring their recyclables to the center.
The following items are accepted at the Westpark Consumer Recycling Center
- Ad Inserts
- Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum Cans
Note: Westpark and the ESC locations will accept lead acid & rechargeable batteries for recycling. The list includes: car and motorized vehicles & equipment batteries; lithium - ion (Li-ION), nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) and nickel cadmium (Ni-CD) batteries. Alkaline batteries and batteries not listed will not be accepted.
You may safely dispose of 9V and 6V batteries by taping their terminals, sealing them in a plastic bag, and then tossing them in the trash.
- Cardboard and Cartons
Note: Cardboard boxes and cartons from items such as milk, juice, soup, crackers, cream, beans, water, broth, wine, etc.
- Computers & Computer Equipment
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Glass bottles and Jars (presorted by color preferred: clear, green and brown )
- Home Office Paper
- Magazines & Shopping Catalogs
- Metal Coat Hangars
- Oil (motor & cooking)
- Oil Filters
- Paint (latex) - 10 gallons maximum
- Plastics #1-#5 and #7 (toys, packing materials, flower pots, or plastic furniture are not accepted)
- Residential Electronic Scrap (small electrical appliances)
Note: Westpark will accept up to 5 electronic items.
- Steel cans
- Styrofoam Blocks and Food Service Items (plastic #6 that is clean; no peanuts; no rubber or foam sheets)
- Telephone Books
- Tin cans
- Tires (car tires; maximum of 5 per customer)
- Unwanted mail
The Westpark Recycling Center now accepts Styrofoam (plastic #6). We've prepared a few frequently asked questions to help provide information that you may need here.
Items Not Accepted
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Chemicals
- CD cases
- Oil Based Paint
- Plastic Soda Rings/Wrappers
- Plastic Coat Hangers
- Pizza Boxes
- Bubble Wrap (hard plastic packaging)
Junk Waste,Tree Waste, and Garbage is not accepted at this facility. Please visit one of the SWMD Neighborhood Depositories Recycling Centers to properly handle these materials or for curbside service, refer to your Garbage, Tree Waste or Junk Waste collection schedule.
Reduce Your Wait Time!
Pre-sorting your materials and bringing them in one way containers that do not have to be returned to your vehicle will help us reduce your wait time. We’ll be able to service you quickly and get you back on the road. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Examples of one way containers: cardboard boxes, paper grocery bags. Plastic trash bags can be used but are less preferred due to the tendency of some to mix garbage with the recyclables.
Houston-Area Depository and Recycling Locations
Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Centers
- North - 9003 N Main 77022
- Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
- Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
- Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
- South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
- Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
Neighborhood Recycling Drop-off Locations
Environmental Service Center (ESC) Locations
Proper disposal of materials is key to a healthy, clean environment. Visit each link for additional information.