Mayor's Office of Special Events
Mayor Turner’s Annual Acres Homes Juneteenth Parade
Mayor Turner’s 7th Annual Acres Homes Juneteenth Parade is Saturday, June 16th at 10:00 a.m. We need 70 volunteers between 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please download and sign the 2018 Volunteer Waiver (.pdf) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite volunteer check in before the parade. If you are not able to print, copies will be available the day of.
Volunteer Duties will include but not limited to:
- Check-in (setup, check in participants, monitoring area, assisting with cleanup as needed) 3 volunteers needed
- Staging (directing entries to their staging areas, line-up entries according to lineup sheet, ensure no parking in staging) 10 volunteers needed
- Route (walk with route with entries-no throwing, move parade along -performances) 10 volunteers need
- Disbanding (direct bands to buses, move entries along to church and Drew Academy and help at school, clear disbanding area near Greater Zion) 10 needed
- Buses (look out for buses, direct drivers to drop and pickup locations; guide buses to parking area at Drew, help at disbanding with parking buses) 4 needed
- Parking (no entries or public can park in staging area, advise to park at disbanding or side streets near staging) 4 needed
- Water (bring out product from multi service center, prep bins with ice/water and place in staging, pass out water as needed, disbanding and with seniors) 6 needed
- Adopt a Block ( will assist committee with guiding groups to their block, ensure guidelines are followed, direct shuttles/buses, etc) 4 needed
- Decorate vehicles (7-9 trucks and few other vehicles- mainly streamers and balloons) 4 needed
- Handlers (assist staff with placement of select entries) 2 needed
- Sign Holders (will walk with select groups and hold sign while walking next to vehicle) 14 needed
- Photographer Driver 1 needed
- Assist with other duties as required
If you are interested please let us know by completing the form below. Please share with others. Thank you and see you on June 15th or 16th!
Volunteer registration has concluded. Thank you.
- View the Juneteenth Parade route map (.pdf).
- View the Juneteenth Parade flyer (.pdf).
- Read the Business Owner / Resident parade notification letter (.pdf).
- View the Juneteenth Parade Application (.pdf) or complete the form above.