Super Neighborhood 58 - Northshore
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
Northshore is an area immediately north of the Houston Ship Channel, east of Loop 610. The community includes subdivisions such as Songwood, Holiday Forest, Wood Bayou, Cimarron, Home Owned Estates, Woodland Acres, Hidden Forest and Greens Bayou. Neighborhoods east of Greens Bayou and those south of Market Street are in Galena Park ISD. The balance of the area is in Houston ISD. This heavily wooded area includes a variety of home styles and prices. In the 1980s, the Brown Foundation donated a large tract of land that the new Crosby Freeway (Highway 90) will pass through. In addition, the land is just beginning to be developed into Herman Brown Park, a major regional facility.
- Houston City Council Districts E & I
- Houston Independent School District (3 public schools)
- Galena Park Independent School District (4 public schools)
- 5,928 acres (9.26 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment