Super Neighborhood 59 - Clinton Park Tri-Community
Clinton Park/Fidelity is a small community located just north of Clinton Drive, adjacent to the City of Galena Park. It is split between Houston ISD (Clinton Park) and Galena Park ISD (Fidelity), and includes a part of the Port of Houston. From its inception, this area has been almost exclusively an African American community. Spurred by the proximity to jobs in the Port and nearby Ship Channel industries, development in the area began before World War II. Large holding ponds containing materials dredged from the Houston Ship Channel are located adjacent to the residential areas. The high earthen dikes surrounding the ponds are distinctive forms on this flat coastal plain. The wetlands created by these dikes offer open space that permanently buffers many residences.
- Houston City Council Districts B & I
- Houston Independent School District
- Galena Park Independent School District
- 1,758 acres (2.75 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment