Super Neighborhood 88 - Lawndale / Wayside
Your super neighborhood at-a-glance:
CONTACT AND MEETING INFORMATION:
2nd Tuesday, 6:30 pm, Quarterly
Magnolia Multi-Service Center
7037 Capitol Street, 77011
Meets with SN 64
Lawndale/Wayside is located in southeast Houston inside Loop 610. It is found between I-45 Myrtle, Rusk and Tellepsen.
Lawndale/Wayside is a collection of neighborhoods, which still reflect the area’s origins as a prestigious east side neighborhood. At that time, the municipal Wortham Golf Center was the City’s first country club, what is now the Houston Country Club. The adjacent heavily wooded Country Club and Idylwood neighborhoods have remained attractive. The areas of Forest Hill and Mason Park are middle class havens with curving streets and large lots. The presence of wooded preserves such as the large Forest Park Cemetery, Villa De Matel convent, Mason Park and Wortham Golf Center have helped to maintain the area’s beauty. The entire neighborhood is within the Greater East End Management District.
- Mason Park
- Spurlock Park
- Villa de Matel Convent
- Gus Wortham Golf Course
- East Lawndale Civic Association - https://eastlawndale.webs.com/
- Idylwood Civic Club - https://idylwood.org/about-idylwood/
- Country Club Place Civic Club
- The Lawndale/Wayside Super Neighborhood shares a joint council with Super Neighborhood #64 - Greater Eastwood.
- This SN Council meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30PM at Villa de Matel, 6510 Lawndale.
Super Neighborhood Statistical Info
- Houston City Council District I
- Houston Independent School District (4 public schools)
- 1,805 acres (2.82 sq. miles)
- Your Super Neighborhood's Demographics, Land Use Map, and Resource Assessment