The 2020 event is presently pending due to Covid-19
H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade
H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade Mission Statement:
“The H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade and the City of Houston strive to celebrate Houston families and the coming holiday season by offering a playful showcase of local artistic ingenuity as well as first-class entertainment and musical performances.”
Applications for participation in the H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade are available in the APPLICATIONS box to your right, or below if viewing on tablets or mobile devices, for the volunteer categories of General, Marching Band, and Performance Group. Parade participants are selected by the Mayor’s Office of Special Events based upon the following criteria.
- Entertainment value
Determination of suitability for participation is made solely in the judgment of the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. Organizers reserve the right to make all determinations relating to participation in the Parade on the basis of entertainment value and preserving the theme of this annual event.
The Mayor’s Office of Special Events does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, national origin or religious belief however no political, advertising, or ideological statements may be made or distributed from or by any marchers, floats, performing units, or exhibitors.
No entries will be accepted that, in the opinion of a reasonable person, may be deemed derogatory, obscene or in bad taste.
Participants may not distribute, hand or throw any items at or into the audience.
- No car or truck may participate in the Parade unless it is providing transport of an approved VIP or official.
- Float entries must be professionally designed and constructed. Materials used must be flame retardant and all floats must carry a fire extinguisher.
- Any logos or other branded elements included on or around the float must be approved in advance by the Parade Director.
- Floats dimensions:
- No wider than 12’ including any protruding decorations or elements.
- No longer than 40’ and must be able to negotiate turns without backing up or mounting curbs.
- No taller than 28’ including any balloons or decorative elements.
- If a float is not self-propelled, the exhibitor must present a photo of the proposed tow vehicle which must be consistent with the theme of the float.
- Parade producer will provide sound augmentation for any float requiring sound. Exhibitor must include a request for sound on his/her initial application.
- Must have matching or coordinated uniforms or costumes.
- If exhibitor requires recorded music to accompany their performance, they must provide an approved vehicle upon which sound reinforcement will be placed. All sound reinforcement will be provided by the Parade Producer. A CD or MP3 of the proposed music must be provided to the organizers no less than 14 days prior to the Parade.
- Performing exhibits must be prepared to perform at least three times along the Parade route.
- Unless advised otherwise in advance, performing entries must move through the TV zone without stopping.