Tour de Houston
Join us for the annual Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation, coming up Sunday, March 20, 2016
Annual Bike Ride to Raise Funds for City's Reforestation Projects
- Register Online Now!
- Registration by Mail: THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED TO REGISTER BY MAIL. If you prefer to register offline and pay by cash or check mail, please download and print the registration waiver form (.pdf). You may bring the form with you to a packet pick-up location (below) prior to the event or bring to the event Registration Tent on March 20.
- Registration - February 19 - March 19, $40; $20 kids (12 yrs. and under)
- Onsite event registration- March 20, $40 - CASH OR CHECK ONLY
- Packet Pick-Up Information for registered participants: Thursday, March 17 - Friday, March 18 @ City Hall, 901 Bagby, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19 @ Sun and Ski, 6100 Westheimer, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
About Tour de Houston
Tour de Houston Presented by Apache Corporation, the annual fundraising bike ride, will take place March 20, 2016. The annual bike ride offers Houstonians and visitors a unique way to view the city with routes winding through Houston’s historic neighborhoods, scenic districts and parks while raising funds for the city’s Reforest Houston program. With three ride length options, the Tour de Houston is the perfect event for leisure riders or cycling enthusiasts. In addition, it is a BP MS 150 recommended training ride. Riders will start and end at City Hall located at 901 Bagby.
This event begins and ends in Hermann Square at City Hall. Riders and volunteers will enjoy a post-ride party.
FREE PARTICIPANT PARKING: Lot C and H at corner of Memorial and Houston Avenue for cars with roof top bike racks. Theater District Parking on Rusk between Bagby and Smith for cars with trunk mounted bike racks.
Each year a new route is featured to meet the Mayor’s objective to showcase Houston neighborhoods. The 20, 45 and 70-mile ride is a BP MS 150 approved training ride. Sponsor receives total exclusivity regarding promotion of brand on-site at the start / finish line, rest stop areas, & hospitality area specific to business category. The Mayor’s Office of Special Events produces events to create civic celebration and enhance the community. Proceeds benefit the Houston Parks and Recreation Department through Houston Civic Events, Inc., a Texas 501(c)(3) non-profit. Sponsorship is tax-deductible.
Apache proudly sponsors both the Bayou City Classic and Tour de Houston, as a part of the Mayor’s Wellness Weekend. The Bayou City Classic will be on Saturday, March 19th, beginning and ending at City Hall. For more information and to register for the Bayou City Classic Presented by Apache Corporation, please visit www.bayoucityclassic.org.
All photo galleries available at www.houstontx.gov/tourdehouston/gallery.html.
Tour de Houston Links