July 2, 2015
Solid Waste Management Department (SWMD)
Final Storm Debris Pick-Up Schedule
On Monday, July 6, 2015, the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department will begin final collection of storm debris. This final pass collection will be conducted based on the following schedule:
- Northeast - July 6, 2015 (Eastward of I-45 North to Northward of I-10 East).
- Southeast - July 13, 2015 (Southward of I-10 East to Eastward of SH 288 South).
- Northwest - July 20, 2015 (Westward of I-45 North to Northward of I-10 West).
- Southwest - July 27, 2015 (Southward of I-10 West to Westward of SH 288 South).
Residents will need to have all debris curbside by 7 a.m. on the designated day of collection listed above for their area. Items should be segregated into six (6) piles away from fire hydrants, mailboxes, power lines and other objects that will hamper safe pickup.
Debris separation piles:
- Normal Household Trash - Normal household trash and bagged debris of any kind will not be picked up with debris as part of this program. You should continue to follow your normal garbage schedule.
- Vegetative Debris - leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches.
- Construction & Demolition Debris - building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses and plumbing.
- Appliances & White Goods - air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers and water heaters.
- Electronics - computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
- Household Hazardous Waste - cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticides.
For more information about the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department and its services, please visit us at www.houstonsolidwaste.org, like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/houstonsolidwaste, follow us on twitter @houstontrash or call 3-1-1, the City of Houston's Customer Service Hotline.
The Solid Waste Management Department provides solid waste service to the citizens of Houston through the collection, disposal and recycling of discarded material in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound and cost-effective.
For more information, please contact:
Irma Reyes (832) 393-0475 office