November 22, 2020
Houston Health Department, Partners Announce Free COVID-19 Testing Schedule for Week of November 23
The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of November 23, 2020. The week will offer 17 free testing sites across Houston.
Houston Health Department
The Houston Health Department will offer testing (nasal swab by healthcare professional) at HCC - North Forest, 6010 Little York Rd., The site will open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Saturday. (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.)
Appointments are available at doineedacovid19test.com. On-site registration is also available.
The department also offers free drive-thru testing (self nasal swab) at the Aramco Services Company, 9009 W. Loop South. The mega testing site will open Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. It remains open until reaching daily capacity of 1,000 tests. (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.)
People wanting to get tested at the Aramco site can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code.
The department will offer testing at three community sites. The sites don't require appointments and remain open until each reaches its daily capacity of 250 tests. The sites and their hours of operation are:
- Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center, 6402 Market Street; Mon. - Wed. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.), drive thru and walk up, (self nasal swab)
- Higher Dimension Church, 9800 Club Creek Dr.; Mon. - Wed. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.), drive thru only, (self nasal swab) and
- Kingwood Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods Dr.; Mon. - Wed. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.), drive thru only, (self nasal swab).
The department will provide (self nasal swab) testing at the METRO Addicks Park & Ride, 14230 Katy Freeway, and the Multicultural Center, 951 Tristar Drive, city of Webster. Appointments are available by calling the department’s call center at 832-393-4220. (Closed Thanksgiving Day, Friday and Saturday.)
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Houston Astros offer free COVID-19 tests (self oral swab) daily at Minute Maid Park (Lot C), 2208 Preston. The testing site’s capacity is 1,200 tests per day.
The site features evening hours twice a week, eight drive-thru testing lanes and four walk-up testing lanes. It opens 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday and from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Spanish-speaking staff is available on-site. (Closed Thanksgiving Day.)
Visit texas.curativeinc.com to set an appointment or obtain more information. On-site registration is also available.
TDEM and the department will also operate drive-thru testing sites Monday through Saturday at:
- HCC - Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Drive, self nasal swab, (Closed Thanksgiving Day.) and
- HCC - South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd., self oral swab, (Closed Thanksgiving Day.)
Appointments are required, available at texas.curativeinc.com.
TDEM and the department offer weekday drive thru testing (nasal swab by healthcare professional) at LeRoy Crump Stadium, 12321 Alief Clodine Rd. (Closed Thanksgiving Day, Friday and Saturday.) Appointments are required, available by visiting covidtest.tdem.texas.gov.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will offer weekday testing (nasal swab by healthcare professional) at drive-thru test sites at:
- Plaza Americas Mall, 7500 Bellaire Blvd.,
- Houston Community College - Southeast, 6815 Rustic, and
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W. Tidwell Rd.
The sites don’t require appointments and offer testing from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 300 tests. (Closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.)
People needing information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Curative will provide daily walk up tests at three locations, each with a 900 daily test capacity:
- Memorial Park Running Trails Center, 7575 N. Picnic Lane; (self oral swab)
- Kroger, 1801 S. Voss Rd, (self oral swab) and
- Kroger, 9303 S. Highway 6, (self oral swab).
Appointments are available at texas.curativeinc.com. (Closed Thanksgiving Day.)
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- HOPE Clinic, 713-773-0803
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Scarsdale Family Health Center, 281-824-1480.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston testing sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.
Flyer: Free Houston Testing Sites: Week of November 23, 2020