City Council COMMITTEES AND AGENDAS
Economic Development Subcommittee on Education
The Subcommittee on Education will uphold the Economic Development Committee’s mission to build prosperity through job creation and business and trade opportunities.
The subcommittee will enact policy, funding and public awareness initiatives to ensure all Houstonians are equipped for the workforce. It also will work with educational communities across the city to further develop the necessary skill sets for Houston’s industries.
District H Council Member Karla Cisneros serves as the subcommittee’s chairwoman.
Documents below are .pdf unless otherwise indicated.
- Subcommittee on Education Charge
- Subcommittee on Education Spring 2019 Schedule
- Subcommittee on Education Fall 2018 Schedule
Subcommittee on Education Agendas, Presentations, & HTV Links
- January 9, 2019 -- Agenda | Community Conversations | Community Conversations Roundtable Responses | State of Mental Health for Houston's Youth | Workplace Stress | Watch the meeting here
- December 12, 2018 -- Agenda | Employment Projections Special Report | Watch the meeting here
- October 10, 2018 -- Agenda | An Equitable Future for All: Investing in Early Childhood Development | Economic Alliance - Growing & Marketing a Vibrant Regional Economy | Watch the meeting here
- September 12, 2018 -- Agenda | Executive Summary - “The Secret to Sustainable School Transformation” | Building Trade Multi-Craft Core Curriculum | Transforming High Needs K-12 Schools | Watch the meeting here
- August 8, 2018 -- Agenda | Professor Klineberg’s Presentation (.pptx) | Watch the meeting here