Houston Health Department
Links to Resources
Please note: For the latest COVID-19 updates, visit the City of Houston Emergency Operations Center website.
- 2-1-1 Texas. | 2-1-1 Texas, a program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, is committed to helping Texas citizens connect with the services they need. Whether by phone or internet, our goal is to present accurate, well-organized and easy-to-find information from state and local health and human services programs.
- AARP. | Coronavirus and older adults: your questions answered.
- AboutAssistedLiving.org. | Written by a group of medical professionals, AboutAssistedLiving.org is meant to serve as a resource for anyone looking for information on placing themselves or a loved-one into an assisted living or elder care facility.
- Administration on Aging. | Maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities across the lifespan, and their families and caregivers.
- Administration for Community Living. | What do older adults and people with disabilities need to know.
- Advocacy, Action, Answers on Aging. | The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging's primary mission is to build the capacity of our members so they can help older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
- Arthritis Foundation. | Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
- BenefitsCheckUp® | National Council on Aging. A comprehensive, free online tool that connects older adults with benefits they may qualify for.
- Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston and South Texas
- Care Connection. | Care Connection is a convenient and reliable resource specialized in locating both private.
and public services for older adults and individuals with disabilities of all ages.
- Caregiving.com. | Through its blog posts, podcasts and video chats, CareGiving.com holds one of the largest online libraries of caregiving stories.
- Caring.com. | An an online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones.
- CDC. | Guidance for older adults.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- National Center on Elder Abuse. | A gateway to resources on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Elder Care Locator. | A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- Elder Options of Texas. | An online source for finding senior services, care providers, and housing options throughout Texas.
- Harris County Precinct 3 - Senior Centers.
- H-GAC One-Click Mobility Links. | Find a transportation service provider.
- Medicare.gov. | The official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- Medicare.gov. | Medicare and Coronavirus.
- Medicare Rights Center. | The Medicare Rights Center is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives.
- Mesothelioma cancer / Mesothelioma Guide. | Provides patients and their loved ones with resources, answers, and information over a wide spectrum of free assistance options.
- National Council on Aging. | COVID-19 YouTube videos.
- National Council on Aging. | Resourcs for older adults and caregivers.|
- National Institute on Aging. | One of the 27 Institutes and Centers of NIH, leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life
- Older Americans Act. The Older Americans Act (OAA) funds critical services that keep older adults healthy and independent—services like meals, job training, senior centers, caregiver support,transportation, health promotion, benefits enrollment, and more.
- seniorliving.org. Find the best senior housing options.
- Senior Scams | Texas Attorney General. Information about scams that may especially impact seniors and how to report them.
- Social Security Administration.
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Texas Health and Human Services.
- Texas Law Help | We provide free legal information & court forms for simple civil legal problems.
- Texas Probate Guide | Forbes & Forbes Law.
- Texas Silver-Haired Legislature. Our goals center around senior welfare and range from motivation and education to provision of an open discussion forum for Seniors. The objective of these goals is to realize passage of our priorities in the Texas Legislature.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. | Coronavirus FAQs: What veterans need to know.
- Your Texas Benefits. Texas State benefit programs help people with little or no money who are in need