Houston Health Department
Bureau of Consumer Health Services
Available online training:
- Last-Minute Instructions Before the Storm
- Public Pool Considerations for COVID-19
- Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19
- Extended Hot Tub/Spa Closures
- Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments During the COVID-19
- What to Do if You Have COVID-19 Confirmed Positive or Exposed Workers in Your Food Operation
- Food Safety and COVID -19
The Houston Health Department Bureau of Consumer Health Services’ role is to effectively utilize the available resources to protect the community by administering the public health ordinance of the City of Houston and the State of Texas toward the prevention of disease, disability, and death resulting from foodborne and waterborne illness, and swimming-pool drowning through enforcement and education.
For all certification options, visit our food manager and food handler certification page.