Houston Health Department
Bureau of Consumer Health Services
Scheduling your food truck inspection is now easier than ever. Our new, online appointment system lets you join the line from anywhere, wait wherever you want, receive wait time updates, and get notified when it's your turn.
Visit our mobile unit inspection page to learn more.
Available online training:
- Last-Minute Instructions Before the Storm
- Public Pool Considerations for COVID-19
- Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19
- Extended Hot Tub/Spa Closures
- Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments During the COVID-19
- What to Do if You Have COVID-19 Confirmed Positive or Exposed Workers in Your Food Operation
- Food Safety and COVID -19
The Bureau of Consumer Health Services strives to protect the health of the communities we serve through education and enforcement of local, state, and federal public health and environmental rules and standards as they relate to city regulated waste, food safety, swimming pool safety, and ambulance services.
We also strive to prevent foodborne illness, drownings and waterborne illnesses, and protect the environment against sanitary sewer overflow and other discharges.
For all certification options, visit our food manager and food handler certification page.
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com