Houston Health Department
Houston Health Department, partners announce free COVID-19 testing schedule for week of December 7
December 6, 2020
HOUSTON - The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of December 7, 2020. The week will offer 20 free testing sites across Houston.
Houston Health Department
The Houston Health Department will offer drive-thru testing at two surge sites affiliated with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Drive, and Houston Community College - North Forest, 6010 Little York Rd., will offer nasal self swab tests Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Appointments are available at doineedacovid19test.com and on-site registration is also available. Each site has a daily capacity of 1,250 tests.
The department also offers free drive-thru testing via self-nasal swab at the Aramco Services Company, 9009 W. Loop South. The mega testing site will open Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The site has a daily capacity of 1,000 tests.
People wanting to get tested at the Aramco site can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220.
The department will offer testing at five community sites that don't require appointments and remain open until each reaches its daily capacity of 250 tests. The sites and their hours of operation are:
- Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center, 4014 Market St., Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., drive thru or walk up, self-nasal swab,
- Third Ward Multi-Service Center, 3611 Ennis St., Tuesday-Thursday. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., drive thru or walk up, self-nasal swab,
- Hiram Clark Multi-Service Center, 3810 Fuqua St., Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. drive thru or walk up, self-nasal swab,
- Kingwood Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods Dr., Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., drive thru or walk up, self-nasal swab, and
- Hartman Community Center, 9311 E. Ave. P, Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., walk up, self-nasal swab.
The department will provide self-nasal swab testing at the METRO Addicks Park & Ride, 14230 Katy Freeway, and the Multicultural Center, 951 Tristar Drive, city of Webster. Appointments are available by calling the department’s call center at 832-393-4220.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Houston Astros offer self-oral swab tests daily at Minute Maid Park (Lot C), 2208 Preston. The testing site’s capacity is 1,200 tests per day.
The site features evening hours twice a week, eight drive-thru testing lanes and four walk-up testing lanes. It opens 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday and from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Spanish-speaking staff is available on-site.
Visit curative.com to set an appointment or obtain more information. On-site registration is also available.
TDEM and the department will also operate drive-thru sites offering nasal swab tests administered by healthcare professionals Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at:
- HCC - Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Drive, and
- HCC - South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd.
TDEM and the department offer drive thru, nasal-swab tests administered by healthcare professionals at LeRoy Crump Stadium, 12321 Alief Clodine Rd. The site is open Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Appointments for TDEM sites are available at covidtest.tdem.texas.gov.On-site registration is also available.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will offer nasal-swab testing by healthcare professionals at drive-thru test sites at:
- Plaza Americas Mall, 7500 Bellaire Blvd.,
- Houston Community College - Southeast, 6815 Rustic, and
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W. Tidwell Rd.
The sites don’t require appointments and offer testing weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 300 tests.
People needing information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Curative will provide walk up, self-mouth swab tests daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at three locations, each with a 900 daily test capacity:
- Memorial Park Running Trails Center, 7575 N. Picnic Lane,
- Kroger, 1801 S. Voss Rd, and
- Kroger, 9303 S. Highway 6.
Appointments are not required but available at curative.com.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- HOPE Clinic, 713-773-0803
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Scarsdale Family Health Center, 281-824-1480.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston testing sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.