Houston Health Department
The Houston Health Department has partnered with nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and hospital district primary care clinics to enhance access to services for residents and improve the city’s health profile. Many other services are listed below and also see the helpful numbers page.
- Men's Health Services
- CHS on the Road Keeping Houston - Healthy
- HIV/AIDS Testing and Prevention
- Sexually-Transmitted Disease Treatment
- Tuberculosis Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Hansen’s Disease Treatment
- Disease Investigation/Epidemiology
- Laboratory Services
- Childhood Immunizations
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program/Nutrition Services
- Family Planning
- Dental Services
- Lead Screening
- Houston/Harris County Area Agency on Aging
- Birth Certificates and Death Certificates (Bureau of Vital Statistics)
- Community Re-Entry Network Program
- Diabetes Awareness and Wellness Network
- Health Planning/Health Statistics
- Emergency Medical Services - Ambulance Permitting
- Reference Laboratory/Well Water Analysis
We organize, coordinate, and manage a variety of internal and external services and resources that people need in order to be reasonably self-sufficient. These include systems of care programming, programming to promote healthy behaviors, social services, conducting/facilitating individual and family assessment and care coordination, community mobilization projects and the coordination of recreational and social activities.
Eleven community-based multi-service centers provide an array of services chosen to meet the needs of the surrounding community. Most multi-service centers include, among other services, child daycare, senior citizen centers, substance abuse counseling, some emergency services and family counseling.