Houston Health Department
Office of Planning, Evaluation and Research for Effectiveness
Welcome to the Office of Planning, Evaluation and Research for Effectiveness (OPERE), a bureau within the Director’s Office of the Houston Health Department.
Created in 2006, the office comprises epidemiologists, statisticians, and GIS analysts who collaborate with multiple partners within and outside the department for research, analysis, interpretation and sharing of information on the health issues that affect our communities.
Take a look at the new equity data reports from the Houston Health Department!
Houston State of Health
The Houston State of Health website helps community members and policymakers learn about the health of the community by providing local health data, community plans, resources, best practices, news articles and information about community events.
- June 2019 — Tobacco Use and Health
- May 2019 — Binge Drinking in Houston/Harris County
- April 2019 — "JUULing": E-vaping Among Youth
- March 2019 — Houston African American Health Highlights
- Feb. 2019 — Latino Health in Houston/Harris County
- Dec. 2018 — Homelessness: A Public Health Problem
- Nov. 2018 — Immunization Saves Lives
- Oct. 2018 — Motor Vehicle Crashes & Alcohol Impairment
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know how we might help.