Mayor's Office Press Release
Special Meeting of the City Council Scheduled for Friday, February 19
February 18, 2021 -- The City of Houston continues to respond to the devastating effects of the winter storm.
A Special Meeting of the City Council is scheduled on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 2:00 p.m., conducted over Microsoft Teams.
The Special Meeting is to extend or continue a Proclamation of a Local State of Disaster for the City of Houston beyond the seven-day period after the Proclamation period began due to the Severe Winter Storm.
---------- ------------ --------------
Consistent with Governor Greg Abbott’s suspension of various provisions of the Open Meetings Act, effective the May 19, 2020 meeting and until further notice, to reduce the chance of COVID-19 transmission, Houston City Council Meetings will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams. Public comment will be allowed via teleconference; no one will be allowed to appear in person in the Council Chamber. The meeting with also be broadcast on HTV, the City of Houston’s municipal channel, and streamed on the City’s website at https://www.houstontx.gov/htv/index.html and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pg/HoustonTelevision/videos/.
To speak remotely at Special Called Emergency Session on Friday February 19th, 2021:
- All speakers must register in advance (Friday, February 19th, 2021 by 1 p.m.).
- If you did not register in advance, you will not be recognized to speak.
- All public comment will occur starting at 2 p.m.
- To sign up to speak, please call the City Secretary’s Office at 832-393-1100.
- If you need translation services, please notify staff when registering.
- You will need to call in prior to the start of the meeting. The number to call is: (936) 755-1521; Conference ID 354 245 285#.
- Please note that phone numbers of public speakers may appear on-screen during the broadcast and recording of the Council Meeting. The recording of a public meeting is subject to the Open Meetings Act and is public information under the Texas Public Information Act.
- You must remain on mute until the Mayor recognizes you to speak. When your name is called, press *6 (star six) to unmute yourself, and press *6 (star six) again, to mute yourself after your timed comments are heard. You will then have 1, 2, or 3, minutes to speak and then the bell will ring.
- If you speak out of turn, the meeting administrator may mute you.
- If you speak out of turn again, you may be removed from the meeting.
- Speakers who are late or do not speak up when their name is called will not be able to speak.
- Please hang up or disconnect to leave the meeting.
Options for watching the meeting: