Office of Business Opportunity
COVID-19 Related Resources for Small Businesses
Resources for Restaurateurs, Grocers, and Hospitality - Related Businesses
Capital / Financial Impacts
- Kiva - crowd funded 0% interest loan.
- During this outbreak, offering crowd-funded loans up to 10-15k.
- Details on accessing Kiva loans
- Other sources of capital (without COVID-19 specific focus) are listed in CWK’s Funding Sources Resource here.
Alternative Revenue Solutions
- Mercato: Mercato is an online ordering and delivery service built for independent grocers and sellers.
- Fisherman Setting up a takeout/delivery portion of your website:
- Free Website: Fisherman is offering free website services and assistance in setting up takeout/delivery for any restaurant for the next 6 months.
- What to do: Fill out the attached form and they will reach out and begin managing and building a google presence
- What’s included in the package? Web hosting, a custom domain, a modern mobile-optimized website, SSL security, and access to their website editor
Food Business-specific COVID-19 and crisis management resources
- Webinar shared by the James Beard Association, which speaks to operations during a time of crisis
Resources (financial and otherwise) to share with Staff
- Supporting workers in crisis - One Fair Wage → Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund. Provides cash assistance to restaurant workers, car service drivers, delivery workers, personal service workers and more who need the money they aren’t getting to survive.